Tumblr is among those social media platforms that everybody has become aware of, but few understand anything about.
While numerous might not understand exactly what it is, Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging platforms. You need to have a look at the platform if you have not become aware of it in the past.
Regarding personal branding, Tumblr provides some distinct benefits to blog writers and companies alike.
For instance, the platform can assist showcase their imagination or develop an audience through quality material and personalization options.
In this article, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and take a look on top functions and advantages of using Tumblr, from composing tutorials to producing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing images, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The website also has a “Responses” feature, which permits users to reveal their feelings about something posted on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are highly customizable. Brands can customize their theme, layout, colors, fonts, and more. Users can likewise follow each other’s updates and create custom RSS feeds based upon their interests.
Developing an account on Tumblr is free-and-easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the option to follow you. There are no personal profile alternatives like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can develop various widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has ended up being more prominent with its free mobile app, abundant API, custom style tools, and vibrant neighborhood.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr began in 2007 as a blogging platform that permitted users to share photos, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service got appeal after being acquired by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took over ownership of the platform before being purchased by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership moved again to Automattic, a moms and dad company of WordPress that retains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 workers at Tumblr.
- Out of their staff members, 57% are women.
- Many workers who operate at Tumblr stick with the business for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blogs are hosted on Tumblr.
- Lots of celebs and influencers post on Tumblr, but the platform doesn’t utilize the same blue check confirmed symbol you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly revenue for Tumblr is in between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has hundreds of partners and countless commissioned art work.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- People can post on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Despite the fact that they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the third most popular blogging platform on the web entirely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr originates from the U.S.
- For those new to Tumblr, they use a guide on how to begin publishing.
- The trending subjects on Tumblr are diverse, similar to any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest classifications, most people talk about video games, consoles, and devices. They likewise discuss computer systems, electronic devices, news, and subjects concerning universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s leading rivals include Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are many advertisement opportunities on Tumblr, including native advertisement experiences and custom-made opportunities.
- Tumblr is a privately owned company.
- In a current study, 70% of users specified that they were pleased by the functionality of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% client fulfillment rating.
- Tumblr has 135 million month-to-month active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million visits in May.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everybody to share its views specifying, “Tumblr is whatever you desire it to be.”
- On top of the capability to post daily blog sites, Tumblr likewise uses a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things take place in real-time.
- Many people (69%) utilize Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% utilize the platform on the internet.
- In a current study, when social media networks were ranked by brand awareness in the U.S., 58% of people acknowledged the platform.
- The leading amount of users checking out the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the United Kingdom and Canada users online at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and after that Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult material on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable recommends that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Verge states that “The things that take place on Tumblr are entirely special to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million everyday posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% in between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% determine as female, and 58.59% determine as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost content.
- You can create custom-made HTML themes on Tumblr.
- There is likewise a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, permitting users to modify or delete numerous posts concurrently.
- Users can quickly add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr also has keyboard faster way choices which make it much easier to develop posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s top competitors consist of Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts developed every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% comes from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- Usually, users check out 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online neighborhood where anyone can create engaging and distinct content.
As you can see, it is likewise highly adjustable, enabling users and brand names to develop their ideal profiles. It’s also a terrific area to discover and cultivate new audiences.
There are practically unlimited possibilities with the platform, and it deserves taking a look at to see if it’s ideal for your brand name.
If you’re wanting to incorporate more blogging choices and are thinking about incorporating Tumblr, take a look at this post.
Included Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel